Next Year's Christmas Card?


This may be my Christmas card for next year.

The stamps (snowman, snowflakes on the maroon, and sentiment) are from an Inkadinkadoo set purchased from Costco. I don't have a membership, but a friend took me to our local Costco -- they didn't have the stamps. A gracious member of a group I belong to offered to buy the three sets of stamps and mail them to me. I was so excited when I received them and this is the result.

I will probably make changes by next year. For that matter, the entire design might change by then. There's so much time between now and then! One immediate change I'll make is to heat emboss the sentiment. The packaging on the silver card blank that was purchased on clearance at Target said it was printer friendly, but they lied. The paper does NOT take ink. These are the same blanks I used for this year's cards, and I tried everything, to no avail. I didn't really expect the sentiment to pop on this. It was only later that I thought maybe heat embossing in black would be a better plan. That, and the snowman won't be at such an angle. He looks like he's toppling over!

 

6 comments:

Heather in FL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier but couldn't so thought I'd try again...second time is a charm! Anyway, great cards!!! ~Linda

Sheri said...

I loooooooovvvvvvveeeee your cards Heather!!!!

Lissa Ballard said...

All your cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Sherry Thornsberry said...

Heather great job on your new blog. Love your cards!!!
Happy Scrapping.
Sherry
Sherry.Thornsberry@blogspot.com

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Darling card -- LOVE the pink and maroon and the fun little snowman!!!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed