Happy Birthday Mom-Mom 2010


This is the birthday card for my grandmother. I had more fun with my Punch Bunch punches in creating the flower. I also received my very first ever Stampin Up! stamps this week. And punches. A girl on one of my Yahoo groups had a virtual party and I had a weak moment, lol. That, combined with the fact that they're selling clear-mount stamps now was a dangerous combination!

So, on this card, I used the Well Scripted set for the sentiment, the Scallop Trim border punch, and the Bird on a Branch punch for the leaves. But I'm most proud of the flower, which I made with the Large Dahlia Petals Punch Bunch punch from Core'dinations cardstock. I have the two flower art books, and I thought the Dahlia punch would be used to make a dahlia flower, but the instructions say something else. So this design is sort of made up based on the basic mechanics of making flowers with their punches.

I'm mailing it in a CD mailer so it doesn't get smooshed. Doing that also allowed me to make it square. I don't make square cards often because I'm usually already paying a bit more for postage due to the bulk/weight, but the CD mailer will cost more anyway. I hope she appreciates the card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Bazzill blue and Core'dinations orange cardstock; green from Stemma Citrus Bleu paper stack; unknown white/blue and orange DP; Well Scripted Stampin Up! stamp; Papertrey Ink Snow White pigment ink; A La Mode clear embossing powder; Large Dahlia Petals Punch Bunch punch; Scallop Trim Stampin Up! border punch; Bird on a Branch Stampin Up! punch;

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG how pretty~ I love it, but then you already know, Im such a fan of your work! Love the flower, Im not sure I would have the patience to do those....

Denise

Melinda's Cut-N-Up Creations said...

WOW, REALLY, REALLY CLASSY CARD, I love it. I am in the Tampa Bay area, where are you located here in FL? Feel free to check out my blog a http://melindasart.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Melinda

Heather in FL said...

Hi Melinda...thanks so much! I can't figure out how to contact you, lol. I'm in the Largo area. So maybe an hour away? And to answer your other question, I don't have a tutorial, just a book to suggest: Paper Bouquet by Susan Tierney Cockburn.

Billie's Scrappetique said...

I just love this, Heather! I don't have the patience to make these flowers, so I'm impressed that you do! LOL

Shawna Noyes said...

I saw this card yesterday while blog-hopping, and then tonight, this is the card I remembered and have been searching for. I finally found it again! :) I love the way your flower turned out. Your work is amazing. I'm now off to look up some of the resources you cited to see how I can re-create something close to it. Thanks for your amazing work & inspiration!
--Shawna

PinkLadyCarol said...

STUNNING!!! Beautiful card and I really love the flower. Who makes the Dahlia punch? TFS!

Heather in FL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather in FL said...

Thanks so much for the nice comment. It's a Punch Bunch punch. You can get it from FranticStamper.com or ScrappilyEverAfter.com or StampingFools.com. It's the Large Dahlia Petals punch. Hope that helps!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed