I got my own ROOM!

Just wanted to share really quick that I now have my own little crafting room/office area. In the past, my stuff was in a 6 x 10 area of our family room, and my kids had a playroom. The playroom became a junk room, and they never actually *played* in it.

I'd been thinking about switching the rooms, but I wasn't sure what my husband or my kids would say. As soon as my husband mentioned that we should do something else with that room, I jumped. "Well, you know, honey, I was thinking..." :-) He went for it! So I got the playroom and the boys toys are now organized in what was my crafting area.

My older son even said, "Mommy, thank you for our new toy area. I really like your new office!"

Originally, it was our guest room, then it was a nursery (twice), and then the playroom. So I didn't have to paint it, and the carpet is still in relatively good shape. It took me a while to get it organized -- those Jetmax cubes are great, but a pain to put together -- and it's not completely organized (you'll see schtuff on my desk and in corners still), but it's getting close enough to take pictures.

Now, I have to get a baby card done (SIL had a daughter yesterday) and my holiday cards. I'm just so psyched that I have my own space that I can keep relatively clean so when we have guests, we don't have to sprint to get all the toys and papers off the floor of the room, lol!

Thanks for looking!

First pic is a view from the north door (there are two doors, as this used to be the back of the house before the addition was constructed). Second pic is the east wall. Third pic is the west wall, and last pic is the view from the south door.



 

12 comments:

Patty said...

I like how you have it organized with the jet max cubes! I'm hoping to do something like that too! HOORAY FOR YOU!!! Your own craft room!!!!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Heather! I know how much you are going to LOVE your new craft space!!

Chris said...

Very nice. I'm jealous, I have my own room but it is an L shaped room and very hard to store things in. But at least it is not out in the family room so I am very thankful for that.

PinkLadyCarol said...

WOW!!! Looks great Heather!

KimberlyO said...

Yay Heather!!! Your room looks fabulous!!!!!

Karen said...

I love your new room Heather! I am so excited for you! You did a beautiful job putting everything together so nicely! Enjoy!! : )

Carol's Crafts said...

Wow, that is an awesome room and you are so organized. Have fun in your new space and thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Cathie in UT said...

You are going to love having your own room Heather. I know how excited you must be to find some time to finish setting it up and get playing.

Patricia Logan said...

have fun in your new room. looks wonderful.

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very nice!!! I'm jealous!

JustYolie said...

Nice and organized!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Girl...LOVE the ARTHaven....Looks AWESOME!!! Isn't it WONDERFUL having your OWN space!!!!!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed