A Baby Card

I never get to do baby cards. Mostly because I'm growing older and it's not like my friends' kids are having children yet. :-) But most of my friends are past having children as well. All but one, apparently, lol! A friend I reconnected with on Facebook is having a baby boy at the end of April. I wasn't able to attend her shower, but I wanted to send her something, so I made this card. I actually picked up the stamp set by Sandylion a couple of weeks ago when my mom was visiting, and I bought it because I thought it would be perfect for a baby card, plus there are other "boy" images that would be good for kid birthday cards.

I stamped the lion in Memento Cocoa Brown ink and then colored it with my (very old) Prismas (see previous post for the age of these markers). I stamped in Papertrey's Vintage Cream hybrid ink on some Papertrey Dark Chocolate cardstock with the big polka dots from the Polka Dot Basics. I also used my neglected Quickutz Stiletto alphabet on this card. I LOVE how the Cuttlebug accommodates so many different die systems. :-) I thought the card came out really cute, and I hope she likes it! Thanks for looking!

Supplies: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise cardstocks; Memento Cocoa Brown ink; Papertrey Vintage Cream ink; Sandylion "Boy" clear stamps; Papertrey Faux Ribbon (sentiment inside); Prismacolor markers; Square Nestabilities; Quickutz Stiletto alphabet; Scor-Pal; Offray Spool O'Ribbon cream ribbon; Sheer Creations gold ribbon; Fiskars border punch.

 

11 comments:

Sheri said...

Ahhhhh...it's ADORABLE! You've done it AGAIN! Such a sweet card Heather

Christy said...

Oh MY!!!!!!!!!! That is too cute!

Snoopy said...

Great card, Heather!

Hugs,
Snoopy

Christy said...

Sorry about makin' ya relive that bad experience. LOL. I know exactly what you mean and I can't wait for this to be the past and just something I went through once a long time ago :)

Lelia Pierce said...

That is too cute! I love that lion...NO LION! I'd love to get it if I was having a baby. :O)

Stephanie said...

What a cute card Heather, just perfect for a new baby :)

Thanks for your lovely comment on my PTI card - the floweres are bought (I wish I was that clever to make them LOL)

Have a great day *hugs* Steph xxx

Tam, I am said...

Heather, your cards are wonderful! I love the baby card!!! That lion is too cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, no one left in my circle of friends to have children and I love love making baby cards! I love your little boy card and surely your friend with appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a thoughtful comment!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning....I just wanted to let you know that I truly admire your ART......I have left you a surprise on my blog if you care to check it out http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com !!!! I love checking your blog daily!!! Have a very blessed Saturday!!

Mara Campbell said...

OH my, this is adorable!!! I just love the big polka dots! Great card!!

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! Have a great Sunday!!

Janine said...

Great blog!!!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed