Happy Thanksgiving 2009

I know, it's the day after Thanksgiving, and late Friday at that! But I wanted to share our place cards from this year. Last year, my mother-in-law was visiting, so I made little boxes and put candy inside. This year, we didn't have any family in town, so it was just us, but apparently last year a tradition was born. :-) My older son asked what the place cards looked like for this year. Um, place cards? Ohhhh kay. Hmmm.

So ON Thanksgiving at about noon, I started thinking about what the placecards could look like. Procrastinating, I came across this post on Craft Gossip and thought it would be easy enough for me to make one in paper. So I designed in Inkscape, imported to SCAL and cut it all out. The "feathers" are just half of a scalloped circle, hand-cut along the bottoms so they were slightly curved instead of sharp edges.

The names were printed from my computer. I stamped the circle (part of a Studio G $1 monogram set) around them, then punched them out. The sentiment is from the Inkadinkado Seasons set that was sold at Costco last holiday season. The sentiment and scalloped circle behind it were cut with Nesties. Paper was all from the Paper Company multi-color packs from Michaels.

Thanks for looking, and hopefully your Thanksgiving was relaxing!

By the way, this is last year's box/place card:

 

4 comments:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

CUTE!!!!!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

These are too cute, Heather! Thanks for sharing!

Cathie in UT said...

Turned out very nicely and I know what you mean about those traditions. My family doesn't realize we have them until I decide or forget to do them LOL
Maybe next year you can delegate that job to the kids!

JustYolie said...

Adorable!
http://justyolie.blogspot.com/


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed