More variations on a theme

This is the first of a series of cards that use the same stamp. When I was in Kansas City, I got to go to Archivers -- my first time stepping foot in the store. I've heard so much about it, but they don't have them where I live. That's probably a good thing for my wallet, lol! So anyway, I am a sucker for stamps (big surprise), and they have a line of Hero Arts stamps that are exclusive to Archivers. So I couldn't pass them up. :-) And since I was there for a birthday celebration (just prior to my real birthday), I had several thank you notes to make and write.

I also wanted to try my hand at the embossing resist technique I've seen so much lately. I'm not 100% pleased with the results, but it was fun to try, and I love this stamp.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by! I'll reveal the other variations over the next few days.

Supplies: Papertrey Ink Kraft, True Black, and Pure Poppy cardstock; Papertrey Ink Beyond Basic Borders (sentiment) and Text Style (you can't see it in the photo, but it's on the white); Hero Arts Birds & Branches; Papertrey Ink white and Pure Poppy inks; Versamark; clear embossing powder; Opalite ink; K&Company rhinestones; Fiskars border punch; Michaels black ribbon

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I'd love to learn more about the embossing technique you used!!

PapaSue said...

Heather, came by to see what's new here. I have you on my Blogs I Visit list on my Blog but forget to come by myself.

Lovely work still I see.

TKS
Susan


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed