And a birthday card

I've been trying to use the supplies I have, because I am apparently a serial collector. :-) I know there are people who can identify with that. And so far, I haven't been too good about resisting buying new stuff. But...back in December, I placed an order with one of my favorite online sellers, Cutters Creek. Kim, the owner, was running a promotion offering freebies for certain orders. I ended up "winning" one of these freebies, and she graciously sent some laser-cut borders with my order. I hadn't used them yet and it's FEBRUARY!!! So I thought it was long past due. I actually did this on Sunday, but haven't had time to take pictures until now.

The patterned paper on the card is from a paper pack that was sold just before the holidays at Costco. The gold metallic strip across the front is Fresh Paint Gold Pearlescent Paper from Marcella K. I embossed it using a Sizzix Texturez plate through my Cuttlebug. The green scalloped strip is from the freebie pack. The stamped image is from a K & Co. stamp set called AB Lotus Greeting Stamps that I got from Michaels for $1.99 on clearance. Woo hoo! :-) This clear stamp set contained about 9 main stamps plus 8 smaller complimentary stamps. So, great deal for $1.99! The main image is stamped in Hint of Pesto Versamagic chalk ink. I used one of those complimentary stamps inVersacolor Sand pigment ink on the off-white card blank.

I cut the main stamped image and the blue scallop using my oval Nestabilities. I trimmed the card blank and added a blue border punched from the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. The blue is Bazzill cardstock from a winter pack.

Thanks for looking!

 

2 comments:

Sheri said...

~~~I love the colors...very elegant~~~

JenE said...

very pretty!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed