Decorated bag for Papertrey

Hey everyone! Papertrey's 2nd Anniversary is being celebrated this month, and they have events scheduled for every day up until their traditional "new release" day of the 15th. Today's event is the possibility of winning a Papertrey tote with a $100 gift card inside. Details can be found here. The deal is this: you decorate a bag and post it for them to see and they randomly choose a winner. So...I rushed home to decorate my bag and here it is! Hooray!

I used my Cricut Expression to cut the bag from Plantin Schoolbook. It's the key using the Tall Ball feature. I cut it to fit the page out of generic pink cardstock from Michaels. I used the Papertrey Ink Around & About Sentiments set to stamp the heart border in Colorbox silver pigment ink, and then clear embossed it. Then I added the "happy everything" circle sentiment from the set in red dye ink. I used the solid circle center from the set and stamped the centers with Versacolor white pigment ink and then white embossed it. I stamped the larger heart from the set on top of the embossed circle in Rose Coral Color Box chalk ink. Oh, I almost forgot, I then stamped a bunch of the little hearts in black.

I also used Dan's flower SVGs to build a flower. I cut the flowers using SCAL from paper in a Making Memories Black & White Scrapbook Basics mat stack. I inked the edges and slightly curved the petals with a bone folder, and then stacked them using foam squares between each layer. The top "button" is actually five circles punched from black paper (just for bulk) and one circle punched from a GBC plastic cover, and all punched with a button hole punch. I strung white DMC floss through the holes and tied a bow. I placed a couple of half-pearls in the center of Prima flowers, and arranged the Prima flowers with my homemade, layered flower on the front. Lastly, I wrapped some black BasicBasic ribbon around the bag and tied a knot.

It would be great if I could win the prize, but it was worth it to participate because now I have something I can send to school with my son for his teacher's Valentine gift. I hope she likes it! :-)

I assembled the bag using Scor-Tape -- that stuff really holds well! Then I wrapped some BasicBasic ribbon from Michaels around the bag.

 

4 comments:

Kendra said...

That bag is super cute! I just love it and I'm sure your son's teacher will too :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Sheri said...

I want to be your son's teacher....that is really quite beautiful Heather!!!!

JenE said...

I'd like to be your son's teacher too! Wow, this bag is just tooo pretty!!! Great job!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed