Wedding Invitations!

A few weeks back, a co-worker came across my blog. Well, really, she had emailed my home address about something completely non-work related. My response included my normal signature, which includes my blog address. She was curious, so she went to go look.

She's getting married in November and has had so many troubles with planning her wedding. She found the perfect venue, but it ended up closing due to the economy about three months before the wedding date. She had to find a new venue on or near the wedding date and within her budget and general location...and QUICKLY...which took her a while. Before the first venue closed, she had almost purchased her invites online. Thank goodness she didn't, or she would have wasted all that money! So anyway, she saw my blog and that I make cards and she liked the cards. She asked me to make her wedding invitations. I was extremely hesitant...I mean these are her WEDDING invitations! But she felt she'd be happy with whatever I came up with, so after consulting with her about what she liked, we worked together to come up with this design.

We didn't have much time to get everything together, plus Michaels had all of their 12 x 12 paper 40% off that week, so getting enough paper to do them all was a real challenge -- many stores were sold or had depleted stock -- but she was able to find it all after visiting, I think, five Michaels stores.

I cut the black and pink patterned paper on my Cricut using SCUT. The belly band seal is the Just Rite monogram stamper with Damask borders, and it and the scalloped circle were cut with Nestabilities. The invites were printed on my inkjet printer and hand-cut to size.

All in all, she was pleased. I thought they came out very nice, as well. Thankfully, I only had to make 50 of them. I think I might have turned her down if it had been many more, lol! There was also a RSVP and Information card that was printed and hand-cut to size, not pictured here.

Thanks for looking!

 

5 comments:

Sheri said...

HEATHER! These are incredible! You may just have another career ahead of you girl! Man of man...gorgeous!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Hi Heather, thanks for the sweet comment at my blog. Your cards are amazing! I bookmarked your blog & will be stopping by often!

patriciad said...

This invitation is just beautiful. Wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Great job Heather, you should go on etsy and make a bundle doing this.
These are very professional looking.
Sher

Giselle said...

You are very sweet! Making wedding invitations its very stressful after all ITS A WEDDING!!! so congrats they were just beautiful. I hope to DIY my invites for my wedding too =) thanks for sharing.


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers