Wedding Thank-You Notes

Continuing the wedding theme from the previous post, my friend also asked me to make thank you notes for her to give to her attendants. She mentioned that I was going to do this to her fiancee, and he asked if I could make his thank you notes for his groomsmen, and I agreed. I tried to keep them somewhat tied to the invitation. The wedding colors are technically pink and black, but I thought white and silver fit in as well. And it gave me more to work with, lol!

For the bridesmaids cards, I used a scrap of the pink patterned paper left over from the invitations. I also used some Canson Effects paper for the silver, and punched it with the Fiskars Apron Lace punch. I used the new Papertrey Ink Vintage Labels set, which coordinate with the Nestabilities Labels One set. I also "borrowed" Nichole Heady's idea of masking off the center, and stamped it with Background Basics Text Style using Versamark and clear embossed it. Then I used Papertrey's Beautiful Blooms set to stamp the flower and its center. The flower center is silver embossed. The Gratitude sentiment, from a Hot Off the Press Expressions set, is also silver embossed. The greenery behind the flower is a Sizzlet. Lastly, the background was stamped in Silver from the Papertrey Ink Fancy Flourishes set and the edges were swiped with silver ink.

For the groomsmen, I used PTI's Tags for Spring for the leaf background stamp and the sentiment. It's layered on a teensy bit of pink and then on silver. To tie the two thank you's together, I used Fancy Flourishes on the black panel in Versamark. The pinstripe paper is aptly named Simple Pinstripe from Simply Luxe and was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The damask and silver are from GCD studios' Cosette Collection -- the silver is the back of the print.

Thanks for looking!

 

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Now...you have simply outdone yourself! These are getting better and better...as if that's even possible!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

LOVE these colors!!!! You did an excellent job!

Giselle said...

awesome!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers