First Vintage Picnic cards


Another acquisition from the CHA Craft Supershow is the Vintage Picnic stamp set from Papertrey Ink. Since my anniversary was last week, we received money gifts from my mom and his parents, so I needed some thank you notes. This is also my first real try with my Copic markers. You may not really be able to see very well (my camera sucks), but there is subtle shading on the flowers and leaves.

I also used this opportunity to ink up, for the first time, a set I bought many months ago -- Background Basics: Text Style. I used it, with Opalite Ink in Sterling Frost (also bought a LONG time ago and not used until today), to make the background on the white card blank. Again, I'm not sure if you'll see it because my camera sucks, lol. But hopefully you see the hint of it -- it was supposed to be subtle as well. Today was apparently "use what you bought and haven't ever used" day. :-)
The picnic basket was stamped in Black Memento ink on the plaid from Papertrey Ink's Chocolate Remix patterned paper. I shaded it just a bit with Copic markers. Then I cut it out and pasted it under the colored flowers. I stamped the sentiment in Black Memento as well.
I used my circle and Labels Three Nestabilities to cut and emboss the colored flowers. The purple cardstock is Plum Pudding from PTI, and the white is PTI Paper Basics in white. Purple Kaiser rhinestones adorn each corner of the Labels Three die cut. The ribbon is from American Crafts Brown Basics set. Unfortunately, I ran out, so one card got a bow, the other got a knot. I like the bow much better, but what can you do when you run out of one spool of a five-spool set? I'm not running out to buy another whole set, lol!
Anyhoo...now I just have to write my notes of thanks and send them off, and hopefully I can convey how grateful I am for their gifts and for remembering our anniversary.
Thanks for looking!

 

3 comments:

Froggy said...

wow, I love this card! simply adorable!!

Anonymous said...

This country card is gorgeous and the one above is absolutely cute cute cute!!!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

That is a LOVELY card! I only WISH I could tie a bow that nicely!

All your cards are gorgeous!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed