OK it's not Monday or Tuesday...CHA Papertrey followup

Yes, I'm a bad blogger. I don't seem to have the time I used to have and I'm not sure why that is.
Anyway, I said I'd post my second make & take from the Papertrey booth at the CHA consumer show from August 1. The stamp set used was the exclusive CHA set, and I didn't get it right, lol. There were so many people waiting their turn for the make & take, that I just figured I could practice more later. So here's the original:

And here's my version.

I did a standard 4.25 x 5.5, and theirs was slightly smaller. And since the Vintage Cream piece was slightly larger for the larger card base, I flipped the stamps around and added a bit of a flourish in the upper right. After I cut the cardstock, I realized I should have made it to open at the bottom to accommodate the wrapped twine, but instead, it was opening at the side. I figured, well, I can punch a hole to string the twine through. But then I cut the green piece too small, so it became notched at one end. And then there was no room for the button. Hey...I was trying to salvage what I could, lol. I also don't have the Polka Dot II set they used on the green piece, but I got my first Cornish Heritage Farms Scrapblock at the consumer show, so I used that instead, and it was a nice, muted effect. I didn't have the colors they used at the make & take, so I used Colorbox Chalk ink. I still think it came out pretty nice.
Since my brother-in-law was kind enough to send me money to spend at the consumer show -- he essentially enabled me to get this exclusive set -- he's getting this card. I made another card this evening with the set as a birthday card for my sister-in-law, so I'll post that sometime soon. I'm not making any more projections of when I post things because apparently, life happens. :-)
Thanks for looking!

 

2 comments:

denise said...

You already know I am a fan of your card making...I like your ribbon better...but I do like the
addition of buttons....

so glad you had a great time....

patriciad said...

Your version of Nichole's card is very pretty. Isn't that set great? Love it.


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed