Coloring a Birthday Card

I saw these cupcake stamps at Michaels today -- one of the Studio G $1 sets -- so I got them. For a buck, how can you go wrong? :-) Once I got them home....hmm....what to do with them? My half-brother's birthday is coming up. He'll be 20 this year. I have some cards made, but wasn't sure I wanted to send any of them to him. I feel better knowing that this one was made FOR HIM. So...I have some really, really old (we're talking 20+ years old?) Prisma markers. Yes, they're still good! Anyway, I knew there was a reason I never pitched them and now I know why. Apparently I enjoy coloring. I feel a Copic habit coming on, lol!

Oh! I also actually used my Cricut again today! The black panel was designed in Inkscape and cut with SCAL. It's been so long since I've cut anything on my Cricut. I should use it more, but I just have so many other tools and techniques that I can use, too! I also got to use my new Argyle Cuttlebug embossing folder. So, I hope he likes it! Thanks for looking!

Edit: I forgot to include the inside of the card. I don't normally do anything on the insides of cards, but I recently purchased Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set. As a result, I'm trying to pay more attention the insides:

Supplies: Papertrey Kraft for card base; yellow patterned paper from Sam's paper pack; True Black Papertrey cardstock; Bazzill Apple Crush (light green) cardstock; Studio G stamps; Inkadinkado Birthday Fun ("Happy Bday"); Prismacolor markers; Memento Black ink; Colorbox Chalk ink; Argyle Cuttlebug embossing folder; Basic Basic (green with white stitching) and Offray Spool O'Ribbon ribbon; circle punches.

 

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

Very cute! Nice job Heather. You haven;t skipped a beat.

Sheri said...

Cute ..cute...cute! I love it!....and it's so nice to hear you like coloring...muwhaha....
I saw those dang stamps at Micheals and it never crossed my mind to get all three....now I'm kicking myself for only picking up one....great job all around Heather!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

What yummy looking cupcakes! I'm sure he'll love it!

Stephanie said...

This card is so much fun! I'm back in Florida in June so will be straight to Michaels looking for a bargain lol xxx


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed