Papertrey Thank You

I received my Papertrey order from February's release a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have time to play until this weekend. And since my birthday was at the end of last month, what better thing to make than a Thank You card, to thank my family for their thoughtful gifts?

I would also like to take this moment to say that Papertrey cardstock is really heavy. And I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing, lol! I've been so used to working with the paper from Michaels that is sold in packs, which is fairly lightweight. After feeling the weight of this paper from my February order, I ordered the pack of all of their 2008 colors during the March release party on Saturday night, and other than layering here or there, I may never go back to the other stuff, lol! I have some Bazzill, too, and it has a nice weight, but I'd been to my LSS and touched Bazzill...I knew it was thick. I was very happy that the PTI paper has a nice weight as well. I'm digging their ink, too. The cardstock on this card was part of the Friends Till The End kit, which included ink, and it's very nice I must say!

I made two of these. Not sure who will get what, yet. I've always been good about writing thank you notes, so even if I make too many, they'll eventually get used. I have another one to show in a couple of days. I don't make many square cards because just about all of mine get mailed, and they're usually heavier/thicker due to embellishments. I don't want to get hit with the weight surcharge AND a square surcharge. I made sure this one would fit in a regular A2 sized envelope, so it'll just be the weight surcharge.

Supplies: grey Bazzill card blank; Raspberry Fizz cardstock, Papertrey Ink; black cardstock, Bazzill; white cardstock, The Paper Company; green patterened paper, Me & My Big Ideas; green Colorbox chalk ink; Raspberry Fizz hybrid ink, Papertrey; black twill ribbon, Michaels; silver ribbon (through button), Michaels; button from my stash; EK Success corner rounder.

 

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You are getting card lifted on this one...for sure! I love it!
BTW...how's the March budget going ...with the paper pruchases...lol

Aimes said...

I just love this card! From the colour scheme to the cute button embellishment, it's fab! I've just ordered all of PTI's 2008 colours too! After receiving a sample of their card and admiring the quality I couldn't resist :0) ! x


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed