Papertrey Thank You: Guidelines and Damask

This is another Thank You card using Papertrey stamps. They just released Guidelines Two on Saturday night, and I only got Guidelines within the past month. So before I committed to Guidelines Two (which looks really cool and will probably be mine eventually), I figured I should play with Guidelines. And it's a good thing, because I'm not so sure I'm good with it, lol! I think I just need practice. This one turned out alright, but I'm going to see if I can salvage the other one I tried. I should lay off the caffeine first. Ha!

So anyway, this will be another Thank You card for my family. I used Guidelines and a sentiment from Damask Designs for this one. I also got to use one of the brand-spanking-new border punches from Fiskars. While my mom was in town last weekend, we went to Joann, and she was kind enough to buy me some goodies. This was one of them! I was so excited to see the new ones there. So I'm pretty sure my mom will be getting one of these, since she helped create it in a way. :-)

Supplies: lavender cardstock base, The Paper Company; black cardstock, Bazzill; grey strip (stamped on), Making Memories Scrapbook Basics black & white mat set; black Memento dye ink; lavender Colorbox chalk ink; lavender satin edge organza ribbon from COD Wholesale (they often have GREAT sales on this stuff); Fiskars scallop border punch; Scor-Pal (for the grid above)

 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow - such an elegant card! I love PTI (& Florida, just got back - you have the BEST craft shops!) xxx

Aimes said...

What a simply elegant and beautiful card! Great job with the Guidelines! I'm not sure if I'm up to being steady handed enough to use the Guidelines just yet...! x

denise said...

Heather! I love it. I was wondering how you were going to use your new stamps. It looks awesome! Miss talking to you, but I know you have been swamped!
Love the purple!!!!!

Denise

Sheri said...

Your cards are ALWAYS so elegant! I miss you too and I love the purple too!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers

Subscribe Via
Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to
RSS Feed

Search This Blog

Visits since
January 17, 2010

Live Traffic Feed