Mother's Day #3: Grandma cards

Here are the cards for my grandmothers for Mother's Day. I'm fortunate to have one still living, and my husband has one still living.

The first one is for my husband's grandmother. I cut the label and it's shadow using my Cricut and SCAL. The shape is from a file offered a long time ago by Dan. He's a talented artist, and he was graciously offering freebie cutting files every week on his blog. He still sells them separately.

The butterfly is from an Inkadinkado set. First I heat-embossed it in black, then I cut it out and colored it with watercolor pencils. A slightly wet paintbrush gave it a slightly watercolor look. The sentiment is also from Inkadinkado and was cut/masked with my oval Nestabilities. I ran the background through my Cuttlebug with the Distressed Stripes embossing folder, added a few purple rhinestones and some purple organza ribbon, and it was done!

The card for my grandmother sort of evolved from other stuff I was playing with. I mentioned a while back that I needed more practice with Papertrey Ink's Guide Lines set, so I was playing around with that. Once I was done, I cut a piece that would go on an A2 sized card and added some rhinestones. Later I stamped and cut out the butterfly. Then I needed a Mother's Day card, and both items were sitting on my desk. An idea was born! :-) I pulled out my Papertrey cardstock, an EK Success border punch, and my Women of Life stamp set. I added a FloraDoodles white daisy, some purple gingham ribbon, and a Papertrey Ink button with a rhinestone on the front, and it was done!

If anyone's interested in the supplies I used, let me know. There were just too many to mention for both cards in this one post. :-)

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, these are beautiful as are all your cards. Your Mom's and Grandmother's will love them.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather, what a treasure both of these cards are and they will be so touched to receive them!!! Beautiful work!!!

Sheri said...

Oh my...I glad I don't have to pick a favorite! Those are both so stunning! Beautiful....beautiful cards Heather!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers