Sympathy Card for Friend

I recently purchased the Papertrey Ink set With Sympathy strictly for the graphics. I absolutely love the huge vine stamp. When I received it, I actually thought to myself, boy I hope I don't need these sentiments. I mean, we all have people in our lives who lose loved ones, but you never WANT to make a sympathy card.

Well...a friend's father passed away last week. They sort of knew it was coming, and since he was in such extreme pain, perhaps it was for the best for him to pass. This weekend I made this card for her. It was the first card I made with this set. I took it to work today and asked the rest of my team to sign it and we gave it to her. Hopefully it lets her know we care!

Supplies:
Paper: random card blank; Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream; Bazzill
Stamps: Papertrey Ink With Sympathy
Ink: Versamark, Colorbox Chalk, Memento
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels 4; Martha Stewart border punch; EK Success corner rounder
Embellishments: Paper borders (a freebie with my order from Cutter's Creek); toffee organza ribbon from C. O. D. Wholesale

 

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful...Love all the elelments.

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Heather, I love that MS punch you used on the inside of your card. So very intricate looking!!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers