And another card

I thought not too long ago about the fact that I've never made a card for the birthday parties my son and I attend. Most of the time, it's because there's not much time between the invitation and the party itself. He's only six, so there haven't been that many, but I wanted to make one for "just in case," so the next boy party, he'll have a nice card that nobody else could possibly give. Not that the other seven-year-old will really care. :-) Here's what I came up with:


I also don't do many square cards because most of mine get mailed, and a square card costs more to mail. But for a birthday party, you're just handing it to the recipient or it's attached to the present.

The cardstock, I believe, is from Joann open stock. It's textured a bit, so I know it's not from one of the generic packs of cardstock. The patterned paper is from the Nana's Kids premium stack. The Wish and cupcake "button" (that I snipped the shank off of) are from a Jesse James button pack. The green cardstock is generic and was run through the Cuttlebug sandwiched in the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The orange is also generic cardstock. The two buttons are from a Making Memories Chloe's Closet pack (great colors!), and the floss I strung through them is DMC. The cardstock behind the Wish button is from scraps and was cut with my oval Nestabilities -- the light blue is a bit pearleascent. The light green is actually from a pack of paper I got from Sam's Club. The stamp on the Orange is from SeeD's Say It Again set, and it's stamped in Versamark Pumpkin Spice chalk ink.

I don't have a recipient yet, but hopefully there will be more parties this year!

(EDITED: Oops, I almost forgot to give credit. This card is almost an exact copy from Kelly Ramussen's submission for Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #37. I had the Wish already assembled and wanted to use the paper, and came across the submission and thought the design would be PERFECT.)

 

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I love the colors....you put them together so well..You know..it's funny..The moment I saw this card , I thought of Kristina's cards...especially the rounded corners...I think I need to remember to do that! Very cute card Heather!!

Lissa Ballard said...

I love love love this card! Beautiful! Where did you get the little birthday goodies?

Margie (aka ~Jacob's Mommy~) said...

Hi Heather,
I have posted an award for you on my blog, stop by and check it out at http://msmarge567.blogspot.com


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers