Chloe's Closet and birthday card for hubby

I've had a lot of fun today. I love it when I get a chance to make some cards. This morning I was particularly anxious about something and just decided to make a card to "get away from it" for a bit. It worked! Crafting is GREAT therapy!

I've gotten a few things from the Making Memories Chloe's Closet line and decided I wanted to make some cards today. I also recently got my very first Papertrey Ink stamps and wanted to use those as well. Soooo....here's what I came up with. I stamped "just for you" from PTI's new Around & About Sentiments set. I also used the solid circle stamp and the flower stamp for the inside of the circle. I used VersaMagic chalk in in Hint of Pesto, Aloe Vera, and Aegean Blue. Then I punched it out with a circle punch and stuck a little K & Co Brenda Walton adhesive rhinestone in light green in the center of the flower. I used Bazzill cardstock from a winter pack for both cards. The DP on both cards is from Chloe's Closet.

For the portrait card, I stuck paper flowers, and buttons from Chloe's Closet and from a Recollections pack around the sentiment. The orange ribbon is from Michaels. I so used my Scor-Pal to score a couple of lines on either side of the ribbon, and pierced the corners of the card.

For the landscape card, I added a strip of yellow Bazzill cardstock from the winter pack, punched with my Fiskars Threading Water border punch. I used a few of the Chloe's Closet brads through alternating holes in the punched border. I ran some blue ribbon along the seam where the DP and the yellow met up. The little rosette behind the stamped image was kinda fun. I saw it on a blog and as soon as I figure out which one, I'll be sure to post it here. I thought it was kind of a cute idea. It's another piece of Chloe's Closet DP, cut 1" by 12". I used my Scor-Pal to first score every 1/2 inch, then moved it over 1/4" and scored every 1/2" again. The Scor-Pal has 1/2" grooves, not 1/4", and you need a series of 1/4" marks for this to work. After everything's scored, fold it accordion style. Connect the ends and then sort of push the center down, so it forms a rosette. Then stick it on something (I used a punched circle) to keep it from popping back up. And I adhered my stamped image on top.

Last card is a birthday card for my hubby next month. I'm hoping he doesn't read my blog or that he decided not to read this entry since it SAYS hubby card in the title. :-) The striped paper came from a huge pack from Costco. The kraft cardstock is from a variety pack from Michaels. The brads in the corner are Making Memories mini-brads. The brown ribbon is from Michaels.

I tried "masking" tonight, which I've never done. It involves stamping an extra image, cutting that out, and temporarily adhering it over your main image so you can stamp around it without stamping through your main image. So, I stamped my Inkadinkado present twice, cut one out and adhered it to the other one. I used the star and circle from the Around & About Sentiment PTI set in Aloe Vera chalk ink. Then I removed the mask and used my Bic Mark-Its to color in the present. I used my Nestabilities to cut out my stamped image and the scallop behind it (the same yellow as the previous card). I used Antique Linen distressing ink to distress the edges of everything. Lastly, I used the straight Happy Birthday sentiment from the PTI set to stamp several lines on the kraft using Sand Beige Versa Color pigment ink. You can barely see it, but that was sort of my point. I wanted a subtle effect.

So....lots of fun today! Hope everyone's having a great, creative weekend!

EDITED: I found where I got the rosette idea!!! It's the I Love Pretty Paper blog. She has a link there to a tutorial on how to make it. I didn't look at the tutorial, but now that I'm looking at her card again, I'm wishing I had inked mine. So pretty!

 

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh....I love these colors....so pretty...You are making simply beautiful cards!!!!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Heather,

Beautiful cards!! I love the little 'rosette' you did on the second card. Very cool!

Jess said...

Wow Heather, Your cards are lovely.
I love them.

Christy said...

The colors are stunning!! I just love what you did with them all :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable cards!!!! Love them...
Penny Duncan


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers