More Cards -- I've Taken My Time Posting

I had a bit of fun this weekend, but haven't made time until today to take the pics.

The first one is for a challenge in one of my Yahoo groups. The deal is you make a card and submit it. A random number generator decides who wins of the entries, and the winner gets all of the submissions! Kinda cool! I figure if I win, I'll donate them to the Cards for Kids. But I never win anything, lol! The card blank is from Joann. The stamp is from Michaels, as is the ribbon. The stamp was stamped with Cats Eye chalk ink in Lipstick Red. The DP is generic from my stash. I pierced the card and drew faux stitching with my Ranger Inksentials Opaque White pen. The center of the stamp is clear embossed, and I cut the stamped image and the scallop behind it with my Nestabilities.

The next two were completely random. I think this is the first time I've made a card with no particular purpose in mind. I had specific supplies that I wanted to use, so I just picked an occasion and went with it.

The first one is a generic thank you note. The DP is from a Making Memories 6x6 stack called Fresh Anthology - Sydney. The stamp is from the Inkadinkadoo Blossoms set from Costco, and it's stamped with Cats Eye chalk ink in Blue Iris. The yellow cardstock and dark blue cardstock are from my scrap stash. The yellow button is unknown, but the blue heart button is from Jesse James Dress It Up. The ribbon through the yellow button and the gold ribbon on the card were from a Tonal Adornments pack of fibers from EK Success. It was given to me by a fellow Yahoo group member, and I wanted to make good use of it. And the gold adhesive rhinestones were from Michaels.

The last card is a birthday card, but it wasn't made for anyone in particular. I have a couple of guy birthdays coming up, so this might end up being used for one of those. The stripe DP is from Making Memories Fresh Anthology - Eliza. The orange is from a Bazzill Basics Winter pack. The border punch is from Fiskars. The candles are from the Inkadinkadoo Seasons set from Costco, and it's stamped with Versamark chalk ink in Spanish Olive. The words on the strip are from the Inkadinkadoo Occasions set from Costco and are also stamped in Spanish Olive. The ribbon is from Michaels.

I'm hoping to post a video tutorial for creating aperture cards with Inkscape later tonight. We'll see if my setup works with me or against me (like last night, lol). Stay tuned! (EDITED: CamStudio wins. I lose. I can't figure out how to get a good video that a normal person would be able to actually see, so I'm giving up for the week. I may try again this weekend, but it will likely be a different topic. I will figure this out...it's just a matter of time. But for now, CamStudio has beaten me.)

 

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love each and every one of these!!! You are VERY talented =)

Sheri said...

I love the "thanks for thinking of me" card! The buttons are so sweet. I really like the Black and Red together too for VDAY! Gorgeous cards Heather also.....I'm looking forward to putting a voice to the face...:D


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers