Valentines Cards for the Hospital

Well, I have at least a few cards to go to the kids at the hospital. I may make a few more, but I have a couple other challenges to get done plus stuff for my son's school. Now, I realize it's January 3, but I don't want to take on too much and then not be able to pull ANY of it off! So....starting slowly....


I've made four each of these cards. The first one uses $1 stamps from Michaels. They're stamped in Black and Warm Red Color Box Chalk Ink. You can't tell very well from the pic, but I used my Zig Embossed pen and drew in the center heart of the circle stamp, then clear embossed it. That's why it looks a bit darker. I colored the open hearts on the other stamp with watercolor pencils. The round stamp was cut using my circle Nesties, with a scalloped circle behind it. You probably recognize the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and Fiskars Threading Water Punch. The sentiment stamp comes from the Costco Inkadinkadoo Occasions set and is stamped in Black Color Box Chalk Ink. Unfortunately, I don't remember where the blanks for this or the second card came from, but I believe they're from a Joann "Card Essentials" card blank set.

The second card uses squares punched from pink DP I got a LONG time ago. The pink ribbon is from Michaels' Basic Basic collection. It's a 5/8 inch, two-tone pink ribbon. The sentiment also came from the Occasions set and was stamped in black chalk ink. The border punch is Fiskars Diamond Border Punch.

The third card blank is from a neutrals cardstock pack from Michaels, cut down to size. I got to use my handy-dandy Scor-Pal to make the creases for the cards. The stamp is another $1 Michaels stamp and is stamped in Orchid Pastel Color Box Chalk Ink. Because of the shape of the stamp, the design was inspired by Lisa Somerville's card; I just turned it sideways. The paper scraps are the same pink DP I got a LONG time ago. And that's pretty much all there is to this card!

So I'll be sending 12 cards off on Monday to Pat for her Cards for Kids program. Like I said, I hope to send more, but at least I'm sending some!

 

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Heather, Have I made it perfectly clear..how much I love your cards? They are awesome! Typos? ;D

Sharon said...

How thoughtful of you. They will love them

The Rubber Maid said...

The cards are just great and I appreciate your helping out. So sweet of you, I saw those stamps at Michael's dollar bin and now that I see how cute they made up I may have to take a trip back there.
Thanks Heather . Pat

JenE said...

Wow Heather, these cards (as pretty much all on here) are just goregous!!! I can only hope to make such cards someday!!! tfs!

Christy said...

Absolutely gorgeous job!!! WTG

Christy said...

Absolutely gorgeous job!!! WTG

Melissa said...

Great Job! This is a wonderful thing your doing!!

TFS

melissa

Lissa Ballard said...

These are beautiful Heather! Love them! (That two tone pink ribbon is one of my all time favorites! I hated it when I ran out. LOL)

Jeannette said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I am just starting to make cards. I'm inspired.

Joe said...

Great cards for a great cause. Hope all that wonderful karma comes back to you soon!


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers