Valentines Treats

This is a prototype for goodies for my son's first grade class, closed and open.

I created the template using Inkscape. I also used Inkscape to create hearts to coordinate with the Martha Stewart valentines stamp set and a short scallop for the flap of the box. I cut everything on my Cricut using Sure Cuts a Lot. I stamped a Martha Stewart clear pattern stamp in Color Box silver pigment ink (I'm probably going to print something on the cardstock to save time). I used my Scor-Pal to create the scores so the edges would fold nicely. I used my Scor-Tape to assemble the box. After cutting out the hearts, I stamped a couple of the MS heart stamps on them. I adhered a couple of the hearts and a Prima flower to the front, inserted the Fun-Size M&Ms and a valentine (purchased) and loosely tied "Made with Love" ribbon from Michaels around the whole shebang. The ribbon just slides off to reveal the contents.

I thought it came out cute, and other than printing a pattern instead of stamping it, I think this is pretty much what it's going to look like. The box will be several different Valentine-y colors (pink, red, hot pink, grey, maybe white) and probably different ribbons based on the box color. I'm also thinking I'll put a "To/From" stamp on the back where my son can write his friends' names. For the girl boxes, I might add a teensy bit of bling with a rhinestone in the center of the flower instead of the brad. But this is generally the idea. What do you think?

EDIT: Due to popular demand, I'm offering downloads of the files. Please choose SCUT (for Sure Cuts a Lot) or SVG (for Inkscape/Adobe Illustrator). Please note the Terms of Use included in the ZIP archive.

 

18 comments:

Kathy Billings said...

I lov your box Heather. it is great and you could use it for different holidays, thank you's,birthdays etc.

Kathy Billings
Eggdcr8tr@satx.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable............just too cute!

Christy said...

That is adorable Heather!!! I am going to give this a try. I'll have to freehand it since I don't have a cricut, but I bet I can do it...just a little more steps probably. I hope it comes out as cute as yours!!!!!! I don't know if I'd be so ambitious as to do it for all 24 students though!! LMBO...maybe a teacher goodie.

Christy said...

Okay, I gave that sucker a try! LOL. I like the finished product, but it was a PAIN without a cricut. I linked up to your blog and sent people over here for directions, I hope that's okay. Great tutorial Heather...it is a very pretty little box =)

Anonymous said...

That is really cute...the class will love them.
Carol

Anonymous said...

adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love it! Can you share the template?
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Love this idea, great for a little RAK for teachers. If you are sharing the cut file I would love it.

upnative@lighthouse.net

Tina said...

Very cute? Are you willing to share the template? If so, my email address is tinataves@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh those are very nice. What a great idea.

Rhoda said...

Thank you for the Valentine file! I think my preschool class would like this too! Thanks for sharing,
Rhoda

dimahi said...

I would love the scut file for this, it is a great gift for the kids to take to their friends. Can you send the file to dimahi@verizon.net
Thank you for the cute file

ruth scraps said...

thanks for sharing this heather, this is awesome.

Ineke said...

Thank you for the files !!

scrapBugz said...

These are really wonderful. Thanks for sharing your files.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. This is a really cute idea, I love it.

Bonita said...

Very cute idea. i can't wait to try it.

Debbie H said...

Very cute, TFS!

Deb H
Alvaton, KY


About Me

I'm a 40-something (WAIT...40-something? When did THAT happen?), married mother of two boys. I work full-time outside the home, but spend the little "me" time I have crafting. Oh, and collecting supplies, lol.

My Favorite
Things







www.fiskateers.com

Copyright Info

I post this stuff just to share what I've done, but all content included on my blog is copyright Heather Kosinski, unless the images themselves belong to others. You may copy my ideas to make and sell at craft fairs or to give away, but please give me credit if it was my idea, and please don't submit my ideas for publication, classes, or design contests.

Followers